Associate IP Strategist
Great ideas do not discriminate, and anyone can have them. Given the right protection and support, a great idea can become a powerful brand, a transformative technology, an innovative process or design, or even a song or story that moves one’s soul. Housing Singapore’s largest community of intellectual property (IP) experts, IPOS understands better than anyone how important it is to protect ideas and creations for now and for the future. We leverage our deep technical, legal and business expertise to help innovative enterprises grow, through their intangible assets, including IP, from Singapore, through Singapore. We catalyse the ideas of today, into the assets of tomorrow.
About IPOS International
IPOS International (IPOS Intl) is a private limited company fully owned by IPOS, committed to building Singapore’s future growth as a global hub for intellectual property creation, protection and management. We serve the public sector, investors, private enterprises, not-for-profits, service providers and individuals through patent search and analysis, training and IP management services. Together, we amplify creativity and enable innovation, to realise tangible economic and social value from intangible assets.
How you can contribute
Reporting to the Head of the IP Strategy Solutions unit, you will join a team of dynamic IP Strategists with a mix of technical, business and legal expertise to help enterprises grow by empowering them to manage their IP / intangible assets (“IP/IA”) in support of business goals.
During the time with us, you will gain both private and public sector perspectives, and benefit from the diverse skillsets in the team to gain a holistic appreciation of IP/IA management from a business perspective. You will have the opportunity to engage SMEs on a 1-to-1 basis and gain insights into the practical challenges our businesses face. You will also have the chance to network with partners in the innovation ecosystem and understand the support provided to enterprises from a whole-of-government perspective.
As an Associate IP Strategist, you will support IP/IA ecosystem building efforts:
• Engage partners in the innovation ecosystem such as trade associations and accelerators to provide IPM capability building and support for these partners and their enterprises.
• Engage businesses to generate awareness of IP/IA and demonstrate the value of IP/IA management (“IPM”). This includes:
- delivering relevant talks and company consultations;
- creating enterprise IPM resources such as articles and guides; and
- providing IP/IA capability building and strategy services to companies.
• Engage public agencies on IP/IA capability building and management, including guided IP policy development and IP/IA stocktakes.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan and implement IP/IA-related projects, in support of Singapore IP Strategy 2030 objectives.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are:
• A Bachelor’s degree holder in any field (law, science or engineering preferred). Masters in IP and Innovation Management, or Graduate Certificate in IP Law will be a bonus.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Enjoy engaging and supporting innovative SMEs, and networking with partners for ecosystem building.
• Energetic self-starter who can work independently and flexibly.
• Have a strong foundation in IP. Prior experience in IP management will be advantageous.
• Have experience in business consultancy or an area of science and engineering.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills are a must.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills, and the ability to synthesise information from multiple perspectives.
• Interest in keeping abreast of IP/IA and technology developments.
To apply for this Associate IP Strategist position, please go to this link - https://bit.ly/3sEKZIs
Should you have further queries, please reach out to us at [email protected].