Assistant Director (Platform Engagement)
Great ideas do not discriminate, and anyone can have them. Given the right protection and support, a great idea can become a powerful brand, a transformative technology, an innovative process or design, or even a song or story that moves one’s soul. Housing Singapore’s largest community of intellectual property (IP) experts, the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) understands better than anyone how important it is to protect ideas and creations for now and for the future. We leverage our deep technical, legal and business expertise to help innovative enterprises grow, through their intangible assets, including IP, from Singapore, through Singapore. We catalyse the ideas of today, into the assets of tomorrow.
About IPOS International
IPOS International (IPOS Intl) is a private limited company fully owned by IPOS, committed to building Singapore’s future growth as a global hub for intellectual property creation, protection and management. We serve the public sector, investors, private enterprises, not-for-profits, service providers and individuals through patent search and analysis, training and IP management services. Together, we amplify creativity and enable innovation, to realise tangible economic and social value from intangible assets.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Platform Engagement Manager to oversee the growth and management of our communities on our new platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine best-in-class community management strategy with excellent engagement practices to build our communities from the ground up. This position is for a fixed term of 2 years, extendable to a further of 2 more years.
How you can contribute
Reporting to the Division Lead, you will join a team of highly skilled and talented professionals to help enterprises innovate and grow by ensuring the grant of high-quality patents.
This position requires you to apply scientific and technical knowledge to the concepts of patent law. You will be required to assess whether an invention is new and judge whether the invention has a technical and legal basis to be granted a patent in Singapore.
• Build relationships with members including creating members’ profile, onboarding new members, responding to members’ enquiries promptly and providing regular updates to members.
• Perform due diligence on members prior to accepting their application to join the platform.
• Ensure all users’ inquiries are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
• Support platform development activities such as establishing the members’ onboarding process
• Support user acquisition activities and stakeholders’ engagement.
• Stay active in social listening and monitoring user engagements online/offline and implement effective tactics to grow our communities.
• Set and own platform engagement KPIs and make recommendations to optimise platform awareness and consideration.
• Support other platform-related administrative work
Write to us if you have/are:
• A strong foundation in science, preferably in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or biotechnology;
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally;
• Driven to excel and meet challenges;
• Constantly curious, enjoy learning and applying new skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and a team player who can be part of a network of technical experts.
In particular, we are looking for someone to join our team with:
• Minimally 5 years of relevant work experience in platform engagement roles in digital B2B space, or community management-related roles.
• A Diploma or Degree in any discipline.
• Experience crafting communication and community engagement strategies.
• Proven experience growing and managing an online community.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities and able to deal independently and maturely with uncertainty and challenges.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and trust at all levels
• Excellent written and presentation abilities required
• Strong organizational and coordinating capabilities with good administrative skills
• Familiarity with the Intellectual Property (IP) ecosystem would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, please go to this link: https://impress.ai/html-widget/chat-widget/43dd567f-679f-4f26-a487-1219525b50c7/