Assistant Director, IP Academy
Great ideas do not discriminate, and anyone can have them. Given the right protection and support, a great idea can become a powerful brand, a transformative technology, an innovative process or design, or even a song or story that moves one’s soul. Housing Singapore’s largest community of intellectual property (IP) experts, the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) understands better than anyone how important it is to protect ideas and creations for now and for the future. We leverage our deep technical, legal and business expertise to help innovative enterprises grow, through their intangible assets, including IP, from Singapore, through Singapore. We catalyse the ideas of today, into the assets of tomorrow.
About IPOS International
IPOS International (IPOS Intl) is a private limited company fully owned by IPOS, committed to building Singapore’s future growth as a global hub for intellectual property creation, protection and management. We serve the public sector, investors, private enterprises, not-for-profits, service providers and individuals through patent search and analysis, training and IP management services. Together, we amplify creativity and enable innovation, to realise tangible economic and social value from intangible assets.
About the role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Platform Engagement Manager to oversee the growth and management of our communities on our new platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine best-in-class community management strategy with excellent engagement practices to build our communities from the ground up. This position is for a fixed term of 2 years, extendable to a further of 2 more years.
What will you be working on
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and map jobs and skills needs.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and research on trends and demand of IP skills.
• Interpret and sense-make jobs and skills information from a variety of primary and secondary sources.
• Engage and influence lead agencies and industry partners to promote adoption of IA/IP skills.
• Research and engage with consultants and industry partners to develop an IP management skills standard.
• Manage the planning, tracking and management reporting of funding utilization and outcomes/KPIs achieved across various initiatives.
• Perform secretariat duties for relevant meetings.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are
• Good understanding of jobs and skills framework. Experience with development of relevant frameworks and standards will be advantageous.
• At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
• A degree in any discipline.
• Have ACLP/ACTA certificate will be advantageous.
• Experience in public service, with an interest in interagency work and driving national initiatives.
• Energetic self-starter who can work independently and flexibly.
• Good analytical, communication, project management, presentation and writing skills.
• Pro-active, resourceful, and up for challenges.
• Basic understanding of the types of IP is useful.
To apply for this position, please go to this link: https://impress.ai/html-widget/chat-widget/a6460dd6-bde1-4908-bf4e-7a5632f290f0/